Thursday, July 23, 2009

My name is Anbukarasu... V.Anbukarasu IAS


That was a catchy dialogue from one of the movies - "Pasanga". This is not certainly a review of the movie. Instead, this is about a spark that stroke us when we were browsing through friends' profiles in orkut. Didn't I say us? It was Bharanidharan and me, spending our time with a sip of Mc-Whisky after a long time! The main intention of our glance through orkut, was to pick out few unknown girls and try to resolve the girls who were in out-of-focus; of course, not by software but just mentally. Accidentally, we realized something. There was a common notion among 70% of the crowd to post photographs, for which they wanted to be applauded.

I suppose the brilliant idea of having photos in orkut was to share the apparently valuable memories. There was a commonness in the photographs that were chosen to be remembered. It was a Foreigner. People felt happier to pose the time they spent with foreigners. I cynically felt if it was the residual effect of the 400 years of slavery, that we see every white skinned man with awe! Though my altruistic alter-ego left me a feeling of denial, my caustic side was vigorous. The west had always spent time in dominating us and have successfully kept our proficient men under the dark. May be, I should correct my verse - The west have made everyone believe that they were the best.

This wasn't any profound fact, but just that we didn't spend time to remember what we knew. Rather, we were busy running like everyone else on the run. And, to ascertain that we are a step ahead, we need some kind of proofs to our vantage point - we took photographs. Certainly, there are times when we need others' attention. But, every way, there is nothing wrong with this and it is perfectly alright. As I took a closer look of the same, I realized that we were mentally lame. We want some kind of a boost, occasionally or frequently depending up on how lame we are!

Another set off photograph was peculiar. It was peculiar to see the lead man of that piece of art, in a way he is totally not! Or something to blow that he is very artistic. And, that he is ardent in photography, especially doing something that he believed is out of the blue sky. He was doing all that to keep him, watched always. Now, I have questioned myself, is that true - 'Orkut lets us share photographs that were valuable'?

If the answer is yes, then the value that everyone gives for a piece is different from the other. And, if the answer is no, then it should be corrected as 'Orkut lets us share photographs that we feel like showing others'! First is a sense of preserving valuable memories while the later is the sense of choosing what to be preserved. Though it is not the subject, it seems a valuable point to me! :D

This was the point when I understood the lead role of the movie "Pasanga" - V.Anbukarasu, as how he had enjoyed every time he was appreciated. May be, my cynical mind would have been a product of my thinking set - the way we pursue things. But, I am clever enough to keep in mind that it is after all a perception. It is not a question of good or bad and it is not definitely bad as long as it is away from ones' nose!

Finally, what is the sole idea of this post? It is just to remind you that you should appreciate whatever you do and realize what you really did with a keen sense of why you did!

P.S.: While creating the collage pasted here, I chose the people who can take this criticism in a easier and broad-minded way. It certainly includes the people who really deserve to hear this and sadly, it includes myself and Bharani too. We realized that we too had done the same!

3 comments:

Bharani said...

Well tried! Certainly writing this blog is not a cake-walk. you tried your level best to express the theme as well as to get excused :-).

raghuvaran said...

yellam ungal sitham adigalae... Ha.. ha.. ha.. ;) Yeppppuuuuddiii!

Anonymous said...

It seems to me, you are right